Develops and implements short and long term business strategies to maximize results for Florida East Coast Railway (FECR) selling carload and intermodal solutions, including but not limited to achieving annual revenue, price, and contribution plans. Establishes and maintains customer relationships at a level that provides influence to transportation decision makers in an effort to develop new business opportunities. Works collaboratively with other key business partners to develop and negotiate price proposals and service packages that meet customers’ needs and enable FECR to receive the appropriate value for the level of service provided.
• Implement strategies to generate profitable growth and achieve annual revenue, price and contribution plans
• Identify and develop new business opportunities
• Promote the development of strong long term relationships with internal and external customers
• Negotiate competitive rates with rail customers and shippers
• Utilize customer relationship management (CRM) system to manage and analyze customer interactions and data
• Provide timely weekly updates to CRM system to reflect sales call activity and opportunity updates
• Develop and provide presentations to customers
• Develop and maintain industry knowledge and expertise
• Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
• Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
• 2 or more years of experience required in Business/Strategic Development, Sales/Account Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Logistics, or Operations
EQUIVALENT MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma/GED
• 7 or more years of experience required in Business/Strategic Development, Sales/Account Management, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Logistics, or Operations
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of the domestic intermodal and carload markets, competitive factors and pricing
• Ability to effectively negotiate contracts
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership and executive audiences
• Analytical expertise
• Ability to maintain composure in high stress situations
• Ability to orchestrate multiple activities in a high-paced environment
• Ability to be decisive and exercise good judgment
• Knowledge of rail operations and physical infrastructure
• Microsoft Office
• 50% travel required
• Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard workweek)
• The applicant selected for this position will be required to successfully complete a background check and drug test. Passing results must be received prior to start date in new position.
Salary and bonus potential based on experience.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances.