Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing local and through train schedules while overseeing daily operations including T & E labor. Balance locomotive power including LNG to maximize consumption while meeting short and long term requirements. Coordination with Florida DispatchCo and management of the network across the mainline relative to fluidity and efficiency. Continuously manage a network of both FEC and BLF trains using critical tools including string charts, RTC models and capacity charts.
• Complete understanding of mainline and local network including interchange and intermodal ramp schedules.
• Ensure designated customer service requirements are met by analyzing performance against contractual commitments. Identify and resolve systemic service issues utilizing a five step corrective action process.
• Work with both FEC and AAF engineering to identify work windows and arrange work and test trains as needed.
• Collaborate with all internal and external entities to avoid potential disruptions that could impact service to designated customers. Evaluate potential service issues and identify corrective actions.
• Assist in managing any service interruptions to designated customers. Ensure senior management is notified of all potential liabilities associated with plant, property, people and/or any service interruption.
• Research, draft, and distribute reports associated with operational performance.
• Assist in developing and maintaining the Train Service plan, with particular emphasis on designated customer requirements.
• Develop and maintain the FEC Hurricane Preparedness Plan.
• Work with Manager of Labor Relations and Crew Callers to ensure adequate short term and long term T&E coverage.
• Supervision of Jacksonville Bridge Block Operators.
• Supervision of Ft. Lauderdale Bridge Monitors.
Requirements: Minimum Education/Qualifications
• College degree preferred.
• As an alternate, at least 10 years related experience in successful railway operations, with at least 3 years in a senior position.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with FEC freight rail operations; preference afforded those who also have background in passenger operations.
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Power point, AS400 and Access.
• Strong people, planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Mature personality and good team player.
• Highly resourceful, self-motivated and results-oriented.
• Must operate with a high level of integrity, ethics and adherence to company policies and values.
• Willing to cover all hours 24 I 7 as needed.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances.