This is a position with responsibility in the Financial Accounting area of the company’s operations. This position will be responsible for weekly and monthly processing of accounting tasks for the company with a concentration in general ledger. The position will involve communication and coordination with other departments in the company and the parent company.
• Works directly with the company’s operating departments to understand the contract and scope of work related to recollectible projects
• Analyzes the transactions related to recollectible projects to ensure that they are accounted for appropriately
• Prepares invoices for recollectible projects, working directly with the outside party being billed to determine invoicing requirements and addresses all invoicing questions
• Processes various vendor invoices for payment (fuel & subcontractors)
• Maintains general ledger accounts by keying various monthly journal entries
• Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis
• Performs the monthly bank account reconciliation
• Assists the Controller with the month end close process
• Prepares various reports and supporting documentation for management and auditors
• Prepares annual financial statements and footnotes
• Responsible for preparing, reviewing, and resolving issues with Sales and Use Tax returns, Heavy Highway Use Tax Returns, and other various tax returns
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
• Update process documentation to keep instructions current
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in accounting or finance, from a four-year college or university
Ability to read and interpret financial reports. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and interest.
Ability to apply commonsense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES
Must be qualified typist, as demonstrated by test (50 WPM). Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Experience with JD Edwards accounting software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances.