• Assesses individual markets as assigned to determine the optimal price level that can be charged. Incorporate the appropriate cost elements and consider the applicable competitive data while developing pricing.
• Obtain customer information directly or work with the sales team to obtain the documentation necessary for customers to do business with the company.
• Composes market-based pricing quotations and correspondence pertaining to pricing quotations; assists other departments, i.e. Customer Service/Revenue Accounting with resolution of issues which may revolve around pricing quotations and the charges or provisions therein; respond to customer’s issues via phone, e-mail and correspondence in a timely and quality manner.
• Prepare market studies to evaluate our competitive position within a market, segment or individual customer and develop strategies to improve this competitive position.
• Review shippers supply chain freight practices and develop intermodal or carload solutions.
• Manage customer relationships. Expand contacts within key accounts across various departments.
• Support onboarding of new customers and new opportunities.
• Provide presentations for customer and railroad meetings.
• Promote effective and professional communications within the Commercial team
• Provide timely updates with regards to market intelligence & related information
• Manages customer contracts and prepares renewal strategies to maximize share and profitability. Maintain accurate data as to CRM opportunities by working with the sales team.
• Provide conference support as needed by coordinating meetings and meeting material.
• Ensure follow-up is done on a timely basis
• Manage Customer IEPQ communication.
• Work with CRM tools (Hubspot and SugarCRM). Help coordinate transition to new platform
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Transportation, marketing, logistics or similar major preferred.
• Must have advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Ability to work well in a team
• Knowledge of intermodal rail transportation practices, procedures, laws, freight tariffs, and distribution methods.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
• Undergraduate degree preferred with concentration in Finance, Marketing or related studies. Alternatively five years experience in transportation pricing or within FEC can be substituted.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regula¬tions.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and proce¬dure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and vol¬ume accurately.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Abili¬ty to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, dia¬gram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and/or Abilities:
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Excel, Word and Outlook.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances.